3.25.2011

One year older, another year to be gay.

Today I was feeling really stifled in my apt and really just wanted to get out. Just before I left, a good friend chatted me on gmail and sent me a link to a video that they said reminded me of this blog. I kind of put it aside and said my thanks and hit the road.

It's my birthday tomorrow and for some reason, I always get this anxious and apprehensive feeling around my birthday so I wanted to take an afternoon and evening to myself. There's something about my birthday that makes me reflect on everything one could possibly reflect on in terms of myself. I decided to try this placed called Berlin Currywurst (which was absolutely DIVINE btw) I read about on this website all about food in LA and then wanted to attempt to apply to different job openings at a coffee shop nearby. As I sat there, unproductive, I went back to the link my friend sent to me and decided to watch it. It sent chills down my spine how everything this man was speaking about and the ideas he was putting forth were exactly the root of my original ideas for this blog. As I started straying away from my blog and took a hiatus I forget about my original motive with starting this blog, to find something I'm happy about and to live a happier life. This video truly inspired me to continue with that attitude. He talked about the three A's to live an awesome life: Attitude, Awareness, and Authenticity. He talked about having the attitude to appreciate the little things in life. To choose to move on through difficult times and to look towards the future instead of dwelling in the present. Next, having the awareness of a three-year old. To act as if you're experiencing everything for the first time, that life is wonderful and inspiring. Lastly, to live authentically- something I struggled with for a long time and still do- to live as yourself, be true to yourself, and be happy with yourself. What a better way to start of my 23rd year with the mindset that I want to truly savor each day. And so now I sit here. Content. I'm looking around this coffee shop and everyone is smiling and laughing (I'm not joking btw) and think to myself, I have plenty of reason to smile as well. I may not have accomplished all I wanted to accomplish when I was 22, but today, I still had delicious German sausage (& freshly fried french fries!!), was asked by the cashier how my week was with a sense of sincerity (not to mention a slightly attractive one), and placed a real cube of sugar (I thought this was so cute!) into my coffee. Today was a good day. As I turn 23 in a little over an hour, I can't help but think, here's to another truly gay year.

Wanna check out the 3 A's for Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment