2.02.2011

NICE PEOPLE

As we run our busy lives, it's often easy to brush off the little inconveniences when we know that being passive won't directly affect us. Sometimes though, little things come up that make you realize this isn't always the case. After it dawned on me that my W2 form for my job working at UCLA was most likely sent to my old apartment, I finally got around to calling so that I can track it down. Sure enough, it was in fact sent there. I was then told that I could only get it sent to my present address once my W2 was returned to their office by someone. As the lady put me on hold to check if someone did return it, I thought, oh great, what college student would even care to notice it was someone's W2 form and go through the trouble of having it returned to sender? I'm sure they get other people's mail all the time and set it aside. I mean, in all honesty, I wouldn't have gotten around to that. About ready to go over other options or plan my trek down to my old apartment, the receptionist finally returned. "Yep, someone went ahead and returned it to us, so we'll have it at our office for you to come pick up!" I guess I underestimate people sometimes. Thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment